Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 9, 2011 Finally, shackles gone and removed bell housing!

 The weekend started out with frustration but in the end the goal was accomplished.  I had two rear shackles to remove and had been trying to knock them out or use a bolt in the Zerk fitting to twist them out, but could not make any progress.  Dale came over and used some manly force to knock them out. Nothing like experience. Finally everything is off the frame and we are rebuilding from this point.


Bought an abrasive blaster from Eastwood and blasted a small area of the frame. This is great tool.  I need to build a frame around it to capture the media and hope the compressor can handle it.

















WhooHoo, we got the clutch bell housing off.  It took me several days to realize that the clutch plate and flywheel had to be removed to get to the bell housing bolts.  Live and learn.

1 comment:

  1. You state you got the blaster in Eastwood; is that a company or a city? If it's a city what was the name of the store? Is this something I can rent at Home Depot? I live in Bullhead City, AZ so I can't come to where you are.

    ReplyDelete