Saturday, December 8, 2012

Cab Update

I have great news – the cab is mostly done. Did I trick anyone? Everyone knows that “mostly done” translates to something like – pretend done. The term is only used when the claimant wants to believe that something which is unfinished will be worked on and competed by magical elves that night.
Even with mostly done there is still cause to celebrate. The inside of the cab is completely primed. Yippee-a-mundo. I have successfully removed all the rust or encapsulated it and sprayed epoxy primer on everything inside. That’s right; the cab ceiling, the floor boards, the dashboard and the back of the cab. And baby, baby, baby does it look good.
Currently I am in Dante’s third circle of Hell (Priming the Cab) and have three tasks to complete before I can go to the next level Hell (Butt Welding the Cab Corner).  There are two small areas in the front of the cab which I will get done this weekend and the final test will be removing the rust and goop that is under the cab, followed by spraying on the primer. I am hopeful that it will be a straight forward operation, you know I do believe in the magical elves.
As soon as Virgil and I finish this six-pack of El Diablo IPA, I will get back to work.





No comments:

Post a Comment