Monday, January 2, 2012

Bear With Me

Hey, I greatly appreciate that all y’all are interested in the truck project and have subscribed to the blog. Last October the Huntsville Times solicited writers to apply for the 2012 community columnist position. I sent in a couple of my posts and was pleasantly, no greatly surprised to find out I had been selected. This means that I get to publish a column the first Sunday of each month. Writing a monthly column at first seemed daunting, but now that I have done one, only eleven more will not be enough.

When the editor called to let me know I was selected he said he liked the truck stories, but  some of the other editors wondered if I was going to do all the articles about the truck - could you write about some other things as we have a broad and diverse base of interest. My quick reply was "Yes, of course, exactly my plan", but we all know what the real plan was. You can let me know next month if I can.

If you are interested in reading the column it is online a www.al.com in the Huntsville opinion section. Here is the direct link.
The new writers are introduced in the "New Year, New Voices" column.

Thanks so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment