Saturday, June 18, 2011

It Is About Time

It has been three weeks since the last post and it is about time for an update. I made major progress this Saturday. With business trips, swim meets, parties, and the real reason – waiting for parts to be shipped, time marched on. But the planets aligned, the chicken bones fell in place, and the 13 year cicadas hatched - big time progress.
I cleaned the bell housing and transmission of all the greese; I just can’t kick my chemical dependency and my favorite tool, the wire brush. The engine mounts were delivered and I was surprised to see that they were made in India. They worked but clearly were just adequate. Makes me wonder if these were made in Slumdog Millionaire.
The piece de resistance was the drive shaft fitted out with new u-joints.
Just look at it now!!!!!


The front end is mostly done: steering, brakes, suspension, drive shaft. What a beautiful sight.  I do expect the rear springs next week so the frame components could be done in a few weeks.
Happy Day



No comments:

Post a Comment