Monday, August 29, 2011

Meat for the ¾ Ton Truck

There is nothing like small town neighborhood customer service.  Jacob from the Goodyear shop came by last Saturday to help me determine the correct tire size for my special needs truck. These lifelines are really saving my bacon. After analyzing the partially assembled truck he recommended a 245/70R16.  I told him I was secretly hoping he would say that because it was the combination of my high school locker.
I dropped the rims off and they ordered the tires. As fate would have it I was out of town on a business trip when the wheels were ready to be picked up. My gracious wife took the Prius to the shop to pick up four huge tires and the guys in the shop loaded up the car. If they tied Granny Clampett to the roof it would have been perfect. When Stephanie was unloading the tires, she let one roll off the back of the car. Well that tire hit the pavement and since it was full of flubber, it bounced up and smacked her in the face. She is okay and the tread marks go well with the missing tooth.
I got new meat and this little 54 Truck is ready for some hauling. Did he just say “meat”? Most definitely, meat is a term I learned as a kid in Colorado and is slang for tires, mostly used in drag racing. I double dare you to Google it.


I really can see the potential in this project and am ready to hit the road.


Of course there is still lots of work left to get the cab in shape.




No comments:

Post a Comment